About the job Service Technician - Dayton, OH
Service Technicians are responsible for performing field maintenance, routine inspections, preventative, and complex repairs requiring strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting background.
Service Technician Role & Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance, inspection, and repairs on overhead cranes and hoists. Perform checks to ensure the highest level of quality & workmanship.
- Working knowledge: electromechanical troubleshooting (480V, 3-phase motor control, VFD, AC/DC).
- Ability to work at heights & occasional heavy lifting.
- Document findings and make consultative recommendations regarding the repair and safety-related concerns to the customer for the inspected equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Service Technician Required Skills and Experience
KNOWLEDGE: minimum of (3) years of manufacturing and/or industrial electrical and/or maintenance experience or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory for power and controls.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical systems of cranes/hoists.
- Thorough knowledge of simple structural elements
- Understanding of the OSHA/ANSI standard (is required)
- The position requires 8 to 12-hour shift work, which can include Saturdays and Sundays, depending upon our customer needs.
- Ensure a professional, safe, productive, and compliant work environment.
ABILITY: Professional customer service, a valid drivers license and the ability to meet our driving requirements. Occasional varied overtime as required by the customer and is available for on-call as part of the site requirements.