About the job Master Scheduler
My client has a need for a Master Scheduler. Responsible for the management of the entire Value Stream from scheduling outside suppliers to inventory management, material planning, scheduling, shipping, warehousing, logistics, and customer order fulfillment. Establishes BOM’s, routers, and other key setup functions for all new programs. Become on-site expert for ERP system. Ensures all materials and inventory on schedule to ensure flawless delivery. Responsible for limiting costs, improving accuracy of data, and extremely responsive customer service. Ensures the safety of all team members. Examines existing procedures for opportunities to streamline all activities throughout the value stream. Directs the movement, storage, or processing of inventory. Knowledge and ability to apply lean principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as purchasing, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies to optimize for production materials or finished products.
- Apply lean principles to the supply chain/logistics/scheduling/warehousing/inventory process
- Confer with supply chain planners, and customer service, to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, level production, and optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, purchasing, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
· Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Master Scheduler’s time is spent on the production floor and in an office environment.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
Production Control – Customer Service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-7+ years’ experience in materials/scheduling in a leadership role
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain management
- Familiarity with safety and procedural best practices.
- APICS certification a plus
- Experience with ERP/MRP programs (IQMS/Delmia Works experience preferred)
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level.
- ERP/MRP mastery – IQMS/Delmia Works
- Proven leadership ability in a materials function in manufacturing/warehousing/scheduling
- Metal stamping related manufacturing experience
- Change agent – firm grasp of lean tools with demonstrated proven experience in implementation