About the job Cable Assembly Technician - 1st Shift
Using a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work instructions, and test equipment perform a series of operations to correctly assemble custom cables.
1. Assemble components and sub-assemblies into appropriate configurations to allow
evaluation of characteristics and performance.
2. Follows written or electronic assembly instructions which may be in the form of MPI s
(Manufacturing Process Instructions), blueprints/ Schematics, and verbal instructions.
3. Checks parts count and any special packaging or handling requirements
4. Sets up parts in work area, selects tools required to complete the operation, performs
simple testing (e.g. pull test), and submits first piece for QA approval.
5. Determines when and if a process is complete, and assures accurate count
6. Notifies supervisor of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
7. Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to
8. Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Reading and Writing
2. Understand IPC WHMA-A-620D workmanship standards.
3. 2-5 years Experience in wire harness assembly.
4. Able to complete a harness without supervision
5. Figure Aptitude
6. Time Management
7. Ability to lift to 25 pounds
8. Ability to evaluate any mechanical or material issues.
9. Understanding wire harness mechanical assembly