About the job CTO
Chief Technology Officer
Our client seeks a talented, high-energy Chief Technology Officer who can work in technology strategy, COTS tool implementations, custom software development, cross-department initiative program management, and traditional IT infrastructure.
Our client is building a new industry DMC capable of solving the most complex problems. Our work will attract the smartest from every discipline, creating a new type of workforce, undergirded by technology, uniquely able to efficiently connect design with manufacturing and construction. Our client will re-establish a manufacturing infrastructure, create a strategic supply chain, and provide purpose and opportunity to thousands. Our buildings will anchor our communities, reduce carbon footprints, and delight their occupants. Our buildings will be delivered quickly and adapt easily, helping make healthcare more affordable and accessible nationwide.
1. Tech Vision: Able to comprehend the DMC vision and make an impact toward that vision with supporting technology. This includes monitoring technology trends and steering clients to best utilize technology in achieving the vision.
2. Tech Strategy: Define our client's technology strategy and roadmap in the context of clients' strategic objectives.
3. COTS Implementations: Support the organization in selecting and implementing COTS applications as needed to operate the business and the DMC Operating System, inclusive of tools such as Microsoft Business Central, ADP Payroll, Procore, Insight Works, Autodesk suite, Airtable, Smartsheet, etc. This includes operating as an agile evangelist and providing cross-functional program management leadership.
4. Custom Software Apps & Platform: Lead the development team in building custom software applications such as the Our Client Materials Application, as well as the WEVR cloud-native platform for DMC
5. IT Infrastructure: Oversee the team responsible for IT infrastructure, networking, hardware, security, software, website, and support.
6. IT Budgets: Construction of the overall Technology department budget and the company-wide IT budget.
7. Team Management: Overall servant leader of the Technology department, inclusive of career development, team culture, recruiting, hiring, and firing.
15+ years of experience in Technology
Experience in traditional IT, COTS implementations, and custom software development could be heavy in one more than others, but experience across all three
Bachelors Degree in a technical or business-related field
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to translate between business and technical people and concepts
Knowledge and experience working in an agile software environment using tools such as Jira Evidence of program management for complex technology initiatives
Experience working with C-suite leaders and navigating personalities, politics, and organization silos
Willingness to work in small/midsize business environment where you have to set strategy and get hands dirty
Located in Birmingham, AL, otherwise willing to travel >50% on site
Experience in manufacturing or construction industries