About the job Web Developer
Welexit is a startup with an unique vision: ensuring that all citizens have a simple, fast and democratic way to contact an attorney. We developed a platform of which everyone can schedule an appointment for legal advise within literally one minute. Currently we have 140 lawyers within this platform and scheduled more than 1.500 consultancies since July 2021. Last summer, we received an award from the Federation of European Bars.
To take this platform to the next level, we are looking for a Senior Web Developer for their office in Antwerp.
As a Senior Web Developer youre responsible for the full stack development of our platform:
- Implementing a system architecture that easily understandable for the whole team. The code should be extendable and easy to test and maintain
- Writing unit/acceptance tests when implementing a new functionality
- Collaborate with the team and set timelines for the projects
- Design website layouts
- Keep yourself updated with the latest web development practices
Next to this, you also participate in the strategic discussions concerning companys technological decisions, as well as in the latters' implementation.
- You're Graduated in the computer sciences domain or equivalent.
- You have minimal 3 years of experience in implementing system architectures
- Writing documentation about a new code should be a natural exercise for you.
- Nice to have hard skills
- Backend: Php (Laravel)
- Frontend: React Native, Docker, HTML, AWS, Linux
- Working knowledge of various website development techniques.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and software development fundamentals.
- You have good interpersonal skills, which can develop in leadership skills over time when we start to hire more developers.
- You have a professional understanding of the English language. French and/or Dutch are a nice plus.
- Fixed contract (40h/w) with a more than attractive salary. Because this specific position is essential to bring the project to fruition, we also offers a stock option pool set.
- An unique chance to start and grow together with our startup. In a matter of time you can become the lead Web Developer with people you can delegate.
- A lot of freedom. As a startup we are also very flexible in terms of
- Workplace: you can choose the ratio home/office working.
- Work hours: are you a morning/evening person or a night owl? You choose the time you are most productive.
- You work in a dynamic team of five driven colleagues who make sure to spend time having fun as well (we have darts, oculus glasses and other exciting games).