About the job Data Scientist - Legal Technology
Data Scientist – Legal Technology
£ Excellent Salary + Benefits - Ireland
James Carrera of Digital Data Foundation has been retained to source a talented Data Scientist to be centric in the application of disruptive technologies for scalable solutions in Legal Technology, to solve challenges & drive efficiencies.
With applications in e-discovery, AI, data extraction, data visualisation and workflow, the data scientist will work closely and collaboratively, at the cutting edge of innovation, to change the way legal services are delivered.
- Elicit business objectives or identify challenges and select appropriate tools.
- Work internal and external with clients to understand requirements.
- Design/create data processing pipelines for structured, semi-structured and unstructured sources that aid data exploration and modelling.
- Design/create tools that allow the business to answer specific, relevant questions.
- Develop proofs of concept to assist in business decisions.
- Data cleaning, modelling, reporting, statistical analysis, algorithm development, resource planning.
- Advise, plan, and deliver appropriate solutions to analyse data and interpret results.
Educated to degree level you will have at least 2 years progressive experience in Data Science.
- understanding of legal services, preference given to those with legal experience
- standard ETL and/or data analysis languages - R, python, Scala, SQL
- creating software packages/libraries including documentation and tests
- understanding of data types, data structures, and notation/markup standards such as JSON and XML
- principles of visualisation
- knowledge of latest trends in data science, a passion for innovation
- exceptional communicator, the ability to explain technical aspects clearly and simply to individuals from varying non-technical backgrounds