About the job Sr. IT SUPPORT ENGINEER/SPECIALIST
As an IT Specialist your primary responsibility is assisting the IT department with all aspects of technology as it relates to Office, Regional and CLIENT priorities. This includes, but is not limited to, business reporting, operational planning, user support, computer setup, maintenance and service, telecommunications, assisting with network and infrastructure maintenance, and all other technology needs both in the office and at the client site. You will work in the Dubai office and report directly to the Middle East Senior IT Manager, and you are able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, high-performing, service-orientated environment. You apply and interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enrich the business and in keeping with CLIENTs values and culture.
- Providing a high level of customer service through on-site technology support in both home and office environments, primarily in Baku and the attached offices, over a variety of platforms (e.g., PC, Mac, iOS,
- Android, etc.) for all assigned case teams and office-based staff in a fast-paced environment Supporting the CLIENT user community by providing tailored solutions for their technology while on-site.
- in CLIENT offices, at client locations and at special events e.g., executive speeches, press conferences, offsite meetings etc.
- Prepare and deploying laptops (Windows and MacOS) for staff, including all required user profile configuration and data migration as well as maintain configurations of computer systems according to
- established CLIENT requirements and documenting critical and routine technical procedures as well as end user literature Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office printers, network and computing equipment with outside vendors.
- Oversee and troubleshoot video conference and telecommunications systems in coordination with regional technical resources (Zoom, MS Teams and WebEx in particular)
- Work on projects in an operational capacity for both global and local initiatives such as evaluating existing systems and recommending technology for upgrade and replacement, and evaluating new technologies for potential applicability within CLIENT Compile various reports including but not limited to IT dashboard, inventory tracking and management, service assessments, mobile usage, hardware planning plus others.
- Troubleshoot and log any technical issues received via phone call or ticket in the IT Service
- Management tool Service Now and analyzing call data to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Achieve annual goals and objectives, developed in cooperation with IT Service organization and local management.
Key strengths and attributes needed to succeed in the role;
- Focus on excellent customer service and the needs of the CLIENT user community through excellent communication (written and verbal), time-management and collaboration skills.
- Self-starting attitude and resourcefulness to identify, analyze and solve problems that may arise Professionalism to be able to respect all CLIENT information as personal and confidential.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment displaying consideration and respect for others.
- Appetite for continuous learning to further IT knowledge and career development Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while displaying tact and patience in stressful situations.
- Ability to follow established procedures/standards.
- Excellent oral and written English, clear communication and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Broad experience in the following areas: PC/laptop/Mac hardware, software, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking, and server administration
- Ability to diagnose problems and provide solutions and/or escalate to the appropriate expertise area
- Experience in effectively communicating and presenting technical concepts to management, peer group and staff.
- Windows 10, Windows server, Mac OS, Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online support experience
- WebEx/Zoom meeting setup and basic troubleshooting experience.
- LAN and IP networking knowledge and ability to approach issues logically using OSI model or similar.
- SCCM or imaging software experience
- WIFI troubleshooting experience.
- Exposure to cloud technology
- VoIP experience
- Experience in working with international team.