Job Openings Database Engineer
About the job Database EngineerOur client is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. They are currently looking for highly motivated Database Engineers to join their engineering teams in Belgrade/Novi Sad.
You will work with international engineering teams to help deliver and support database solutions for their identity assurance products. You will be responsible for and must be proficient in the development, implementation, maintenance and support of MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases running on a wide range of platforms. The role will also involve working with devops, support, professional services and sales teams when necessary for database level input and support.
What they offer:
- Minimum of 3 years in a Database Administration role.
- Strong working experience with MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Practical experience of installing, monitoring and supporting production databases running on Linux/Unix/Windows, AWS EC2 and RDS. Knowledge of AWS Aurora experience would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of database software and user security standards.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and SQL scripting with experience in PL/SQL, T-sql with perl and shell scripting experience.
- Knowledge of database design and modelling techniques with experience in a database modelling software like SAP Powerdesigner would be beneficial.
- Experience of tracking database schema and data changes from design to SQL script creation.
- Experience of large scale data manipulation for migrations, upgrades, archival, backup and recovery.
- Knowledge of high availability and scalability solutions like Oracle RAC, Oracle Dataguard, SQL Server failover clustering and AAG, MySQL InnoDB Cluster.
- Experience of defining and maintaining partitioning strategies and knowledge of replication technologies like Oracle Goldengate would be an advantage.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- The chance to be part of an established and successful product development team
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family