About the job Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
eCollect is Europe’s leading receivables management platform. We are disruptors, industry challengers, and game-changers with global ambitions and mindset. This is an exciting opportunity for you to actively participate in the FinTech revolution of receivables management and reshape the Financial Services eco-system with an all-in-one receivables management solution.
The platform was recently awarded first place in the category Digital Economy & Security by the English Department for International trade and second place in Europe at the World’s largest startup pitching contest. eCollect is also announced among TOP 10 Swiss FinTech companies and part of the Swiss National Startup Team.
Our cutting-edge AI platform covers the entire cash management cycle: from invoicing to collection. See more: https://bit.ly/33vJizT
For our exponential growth, we are looking for a Head of Engineering with a hands-on approach and the ability to lead a team of developers and drive innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development strategy, planning, implementation, integration, testing, and ongoing operational maintenance of the receivables management platform.
- Leading and supporting the team towards best-practice technical decisions and resolutions
- Working closely with our project management team to craft well thought out user experiences
- Managing and organizing processes in the team to deliver excellent efficiency and working flow
- Participating and providing guidance to developers in our Scrum processes and ceremonies
- Encouraging effective feedback mechanism across the team to consistently improve and reach higher levels of efficiency
- Providing training, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports and proactively monitoring performance
- Ensuring that the team fully understands the deliverable timeframes of the project
- Addressing roadblocks and barriers of completing projects on time and in scope
- Full-stack microservices development: new features, microservices, and fixing bugs to improve code efficiency
- Higher degree of education
- 5+ years experience in a Full Stack Software Developer role
- Experience in working as a part of Scrum-based agile development teams
- Experience working with APIs and REST APIs
- Skilled in Node.js, Python, Go
- Experienced with RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar
- Experienced with MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of HTML + CSS is a plus
- Solid understanding of the software development process and experience working on agile teams
A significant advantage would be:
- Experience with prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- A natural curiosity for new coding languages, frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
- Good command of German
- Experience with startups
What we offer in return:
- A leadership position with a long-term career opportunity
- Excellent remuneration package
- A great chance to actively participate in one of the most promising FinTech ventures at the moment
- We have offices in Sofia, Bulgaria, Switzerland and Germany, all situated in attractive central locations.
- We value work-life balance and offer flexible business hours and the option for remote work
- We work in a fast-paced international team, where personal and professional development is encouraged
Here’s how you apply
If weʼve gotten your attention and you believe, that you will do a great job in this position, we would love to see your application in English plus a short resume of any special projects you have worked on so far at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With regard to the COVID 19 epidemic, we offer an alternative recruiting process. As a digital company, we will focus on using digital channels to protect your - and our employees’ - health. The initial communication will take place via telephone and e-mail. Personal interviews will be conducted via Skype.