Data Analyst Intern - Summer 2024
***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. Were made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make lifes most important decisions. Whether you're looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.
What You'll do:
- As a Data Analyst Intern, you will bridge the gap between our vast data landscape and impactful business solutions. Your focus will not just be on the technical side, but also on the application of your solutions in a real business context.
- Gain exposure to functional areas in our data organization such as data product management, machine learning, and business strategy to find your niche and understand the challenges they face, identify opportunities for data-driven improvements and deploy machine learning and advanced analytics solutions in a business context
- Translate complex business problems into clear, measurable projects. You'll see the big picture but also dive into details to uncover new opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Leverage machine learning algorithms and data processing tools to manipulate large datasets to create data-based solutions. You won't just build models and products; you'll also interpret and explain outputs to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure your outputs are integrated into our products and processes, assisting adoption and being accountable to the business value creation.
- Analyze the impact of your data products, experiments, and/or deployments, synthesizing and presenting your findings in a way that clearly communicates the impact.
- You'll be expected to stay close to the cutting edge in places like deep learning and generative AI to identify how emerging technology can be deployed to solve business problems in ways we haven't imagined before.
What We're looking for:
- Graduating Summer 2025 with a relevant undergraduate degree such as math, statistics, computer science, or systems engineering
- Internship start date in our Summer 2024 cohort
- Strong grit and learning mentality when faced with challenging projects, unfamiliar technology, and ambiguous business problems
- Ability to collect, mine, and manipulate data from disparate data sources, with a willingness to dig deeper and understand the process that creates data
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions and behavior changes through analytical capabilities and data-driven solutions, and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of these solutions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights, and effectively communicate these insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization, with hands-on experience working directly or indirectly on a related problem (e.g., Python or R).
- Foundational analytics toolkit - data extraction, manipulation, and visualizations (e.g., SQL, Pandas, Tableau, ggplot)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to create value for consumers and businesses
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated
- BUT - also a team player with no ego, a competitive spirit, and great sense of humor
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, performance-driven environment