***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
As a Solutions Architect, you will optimize development processes within the company software solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, enterprise architecture, product owners, and development teams to understand business requirements and design solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop solution architecture blueprints, technology roadmaps, and implementation plans that align with IT strategy and enterprise architecture principles.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and identify opportunities to improve solution quality, scalability, and performance.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure solution designs are implemented accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including architecture diagrams, process flows, and system interfaces.
- Provide guidance and support to development teams during solution implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with other architects and IT leaders to develop and maintain IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Continuously improve architecture and design processes and standards, incorporating agile methodologies as appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field, or relevant experience. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 8+ years of related experience with Development or Software Architect
- Experience with architecture principles and best practices, including software design patterns, service-oriented architecture, microservices, containerization (Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Experience with Agile Software Development and/or Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, XP, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with SDLC, CI/CD principles and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Azure Resource Manager templates).
- Familiarity with DevOps/SRE practices.
- Experience with infrastructure design and cloud-native solutions, including AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with security best practices, identity management, and compliance standards (HIPAA).
- Experience guiding development teams in applying SOLID principles.
- Experience working with relational databases, writing and execute SQL queries and database objects over a SQL server database.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other team collaboration products for agile projects, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Selenium IDE and Web Driver products.
- Experience with software development frameworks, such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with software version control systems such as Git and SVN
- Experience leading and influence technical teams and stakeholders.
- Experience quickly assessing impact of new features on the current framework architecture.
- Willingness to travel up to 5%.
- Excellent team collaboration, oral and written communication skills.
- We are proud to offer a flexible hybrid work model which will require certain on-site work days (Puerto Rico Location Only)