***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
- Income tax compliance requirements within the PR, USVI and US tax authorities.
- Manage the tax accounting and reporting of the company legal entities.
- Provide income tax audit support.
- Reconciliation of tax related general ledger accounts.
- Personal/real property tax and municipal volume of taxes calculation for the annual filings.
- Interpreting and complying with state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation.
- Provide guidance and keep inform our internal customers on applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Technical tax matter research to provide solution-focused responses to issues.
- Resolve tax related debts, discrepancies or inquiries with the corresponding governmental agencies as they arise.
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Collaborate with internal compliance initiatives and actively promote employee compliance education.
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy
- Other functions may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxes, Business Administration or Legal
- At least 3-6 years experience of tax accounting and compliance or tax law
- Strong ability and inclination to collaborate with co-workers.
- Technical, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced dynamic work environment with efficient prioritization, client interaction, responsiveness and focus (especially during periods of sustained pressure and often under tight deadlines).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build links with staff, external partners and suppliers.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office).
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).