Business Analytics Intern - Summer 2024
***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. Were made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make lifes most important decisions. Whether you're looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.
What You'll Do:
- As a Business Analytics Associate Intern, you'll be placed into one of our functional groups such as building products, operating a P&L, driving customer acquisition, or managing external partnerships (Note: functional placements depend on business need and candidate skill alignment and are assigned post-hire).You'll also work to bride the gap between our vast data landscape and impactful business solutions. Your focus will be both on the technical side, as well as the application of your solutions in a real business context.
- Analyst Interns will translate complex business problems into clear, measurable projects. You'll see the big picture but also dive into details to uncover new opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Leverage data processing tools to manipulate large datasets to create data-based solutions. You won't just build models and products; you'll also interpret and explain outputs to non-technical stakeholders.
- Build models to analyze current trends and areas for business opportunity.
- You'll be expected to stay close to the cutting edge in places like deep learning and generative AI to identify how emerging technology can be deployed to solve business problems in ways we haven't imagined before.
- You'll have access to mentors to help in your growth and development, and you'll get the opportunity to present your work to your business and leadership.
What we're looking for:
- Excellent analytical skills + an entrepreneurial mindset**
- Graduating in Spring 2025
- Internship start date with our Summer 2024 cohort
- Foundational analytics toolkit - data extraction, manipulation, and visualizations (e.g., Excel, SQL, Pandas, Tableau, ggplot)
- Exposure to data visualization tools for the purpose of telling a story using data and knowing when to use specific types of graphs
- Experience with leveraging statistical methods to drive data-driven recommendations and decision-making
- A demonstrated track record of success academically or in prior internships, with experience proactively taking ownership of important projects
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions and behavior changes through analytical capabilities and data-driven solutions, and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of these solutions
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated
- BUT - also a team player with no ego, a competitive spirit, and great sense of humor
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Strong sense of self-awareness and a steady commitment to get better every day
- Great sense of humor