Senior Automation Engineer
***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
SR. ENGINEER AUTOMATION
Our partner, a global leader in medical devices is actively seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Senior Level Automation Engineer (with software programming experience) to be a key contributor within a global team. In this pivotal role, you will take the lead in shaping the future landscape of manufacturing platforms, influencing the selection and definition of cutting-edge technologies. Your expertise will be instrumental in driving modifications to existing technology and orchestrating the seamless integration of innovative products into our current manufacturing lines.
Drive excellence in Automation Design:
- Lead proof of concept activities, showcasing innovative problem-solving skills.
- Develops and troubleshoots PLC and HMI software for seamless automation.
- Interface with databases to optimize data sources for efficient system operation.
- Verifies and troubleshoots equipment wiring, pneumatics, and automation components.
- Evaluates and troubleshoots applications programming code for optimal performance.
- Conducts thorough automation design evaluations for cutting-edge solutions.
Strategic Vendor Management:
- Defines user requirements for new equipment and systems.
- Solicits and evaluates equipment proposals.
- Actively engage in vendor technical discussions.
- Reviews equipment design documentation, ensuring accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Monitors vendor timelines, ensuring project milestones are met.
- Provide crucial support during the vendor commissioning phase for seamless transitions.
Project Implementation Expertise:
- Offers essential support during equipment installation activities, ensuring precision.
- Contributes to equipment commissioning and systems integration for flawless operation.
- Supports equipment and process qualification activities, adhering to industry standards.
- Contributes to engineering studies for continuous improvement.
- Assists in equipment performance monitoring and evaluation.
- 5+ years of experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in manufacturing equipment implementation projects is highly desirable.
- 3+ years of PLC and HMI programming experience.
- Proficiency in using PLC software tools such as Studio 5000, RSLogix, etc.
- Proficiency using HMI software tools such as FactoryTalk View.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or related field.
- EIT or PE license highly desirable and CIAPR member.
Project Implementation User Requirements Offers Proof Search Modifications Milestones Vendor Management Timelines Reviews Continuous Improvement Components Commissioning Manufacturing Automation Integration Programming Databases Education Documentation Software Design Engineering Management