Intern - Software Developer III
***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
Responsible for developing, coding, and testing new solutions or features for business applications.
- Create design documents, develop software, build code, unit/functional test, document and implement new applications, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software that satisfies business needs.
- Provide estimated development time frames for assigned Software Development projects to ensure accurate planning and delivery of projects.
- Create or modify data relations in databases to ensure customer and business needs.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents and/or assist meetings with analysts, architects, and/or management to gather requirements and/or better understand problems and/or bugs and help define optimal solutions for our customers.
- Create and maintain technical design documentation for all new developments and/or changes to existing systems to keep a record of the work performed.
- Complete the "Developer's Checklist" to ensure a quality development process.
- Participates and trains Developers I and II in the interaction with customers while providing support and customer service
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Bachelors degree, preferred in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- Over three (3+) years of previous experience in related position
- OR completed a certification for one of the following: web application development, mobile application development, Java and/or Microsoft Programming Languages or technical certification requested by Management and more than one (2+) years of previous experience in a related position
*Must have knowledge in each of the following areas (Requires 3+ years of experience):
- Programming Languages: Java
- Frameworks: Spring and Kubernetes