Medical Policy and Operational Payment Rules Manager/Coding
***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
Our partner, a committed to excellence prominent local insurance company, as they eagerly search for a proactive and ambitious individual to step into the role as a Medical Policy and Operational Payment Rules Manager/Coding. This exciting opportunity involves directing the entire process of payment rules definition, medical policy development, adoption, definition, and communication. If you're enthusiastic about taking on a challenging and rewarding role, this position offers a unique platform to make a significant impact in the insurance industry.
- Ensures the timely and accurate analysis and update of standard code sets, associated fees, and payment rules.
- Conducts periodic reviews of complaints and grievances, making recommendations and implementing changes in policies, operational processes, or systems.
- Audits system updates to guarantee the proper functioning of configured rules and policies.
- Identifies opportunities for implementing payment rules that align with appropriate clinical utilization of covered services.
- Supports payment integrity initiatives and projects to ensure the correct application of established medical policies and payment rules.
- Evaluates, reports, and oversees the utilization and financial impact of medical policies and payment rules.
- Establishes a formal structure to keep internal and external clients informed about medical policies and payment rules.
- Organizes and prepares presentations and agendas for meetings, including those of the Providers Advisory Committee (PAC) and corporate meetings.
- Ensures the proper utilization of payment rules in accordance with regulatory guidelines by line of business.
- Collaborates with the medical team to discuss policies that require consensus on clinical input.
- Attends calls and Ad-Hoc meetings for the Application Managed Services (AMS).
- Evaluates claims denials and rejection reports to determine the root cause of issues and develops corresponding action plans.
- Approves and provides detailed documentation for change requests to any medical policy management contractors, as applicable.
- Performs administrative tasks, including preparing and controlling the departmental budget, planning and development, and managing performance.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Health Information Management, or health related Science (Masters preferable).
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in related fields, including medical coding and/or billing.
- Preferably with a professional certification in medical coding.
- Experience in supervisory functions.
Adoption Grievances Offers Search ROOT Reviews Insurance Contractors Presentations Administration Documentation Planning Business Communication Science Management