***El Comeback is a non-profit program from ConPRmetidos that attracts and retains professional talent for Puerto Rico-based jobs. Register at elcomebackpr.org/registration-form to get matched with professional opportunities on the island. Candidates' searches for positions posted by El Comeback are done on behalf of companies that we support in their search for candidates.***
- Use various diagnostic and monitoring tools, observes network, OTN and Data Center health.
- Accountable for the verification networking equipment as well as connectivity between cable modems and ISP.
- Perform equipment checks remotely using automated monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Review operating conditions of the core delivery and parameters thereof to optimize element monitoring and to seek out potential customer impacting issues before occurring.
- Notify NOC management as required for escalation and notification support.
- Provide feedback to team and Management to improve standard methodologies and procedures.
- Monitor core network/service equipment for outages and performance issues.
- Properly assess impact to core network/service and resulting impact to customers.
- Report to onsite and on-call personnel issues which impact the core environment to expedite restoration effort.
- Check network traffic to ensure proper working order.
- Decision-making accountability on outage situations regarding dispatch off hours.
- Use initiative, experience, and knowledge to perform troubleshooting and escalation as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Math or Science.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista and 7), UNIX (HP, SUN) and Linux.
- Demonstrable experience and proven knowledge in supporting Network protocols and networking technologies, HFC plant and system delivery, and VOIP platforms.
- Ability to process information accurately to provide direction to others and possess skills necessary for decision-making required.
- Data networking knowledge: TCP/IP, Ethernet, VoIP, MPLS (Cisco equipment).
- Transmission background on DS-0, DS-1, DS-3, OC-3/12/48/192. GigE, wireless (WIFI).
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS, SSH, Telnet, SNMP and CLI required.
- Knowledge of HFC networks, DOCSIS specification, Spectrum analysis, FoD and GPON solutions.
- Strive to work different shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Travels to meetings network and /or systems locations as required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Email, Word, Excel)
- Dynamic customer-oriented teammate.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.