Aguadilla, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Scope of Job
Client is seeking a Structures Engineer for our client, a leader in the aviation industry, to perform structural analysis of both Externals and Mechanical systems hardware.
- Perform structural analysis of both Externals and Mechanical systems hardware through both preliminary & detailed design, validation, certification, and support of manufacturing and operational service.
- Participate as the structure's representative on multi-discipline integrated product teams providing design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost, and weight.
- Validation test coverage (both engine and rig) consisting of live monitoring of instrumentation response relative to applicable limits, post processing test data, and evaluation of test data relative to program requirements.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FEA and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, and damage tolerance.
- Work to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document analysis results and present conclusions to PW management and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience OR 3+ years of relevant experience if you possess an Advanced Degree
- Structural engineering experience with FEA and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, or damage tolerance.
- English fluency (verbal and written).
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Externals and/or Mechanical Systems hardware knowledge
- Effective Communication Skills (verbal/written) able to work effectively on teams Experience with software and programing languages. APDL, Workbench, ABAQUS, PATRAN / NASTRAN, MATLAB, VBA, Python, C++, Fortran,
- MS Office, NX Teamcenter and SAP