About the job Medical Assistant
Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Rockville, MD
Experience: Position requires a minimum of 3 years of medical office/direct patient contact experience.
Work Hours: Employee required to work in the Rockville, MD Office.
Registration/Certification/Licensure: Medical Assistant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Oversee clinical admin staff and review patient encounter data in EHR for all visits.
- Accurately collect and document basic patient assessments.
- Ensure Physician time is being used optimally by assisting in taking calls on behalf of Physicians and helping them see more patients.
- Triage all patients and assist providers with exams and procedures and room stocking.
- Including blood draw, lab result call back and providing ancillary services to patient. Completing training for ancillary services and provide services to patients.
- Administering vaccines to patients.
- Takes patient vitals (height, weight, temperature and blood pressure) and conducts patient interview to include patient history, presenting symptoms, patient assessment and other health information as applicable to condition in preparation for physician examination.
- Documentation of vital signs.
- Responsible for reporting to physician patient physical concerns and utilizing patient charts or EHR for documentation of patient status and visit.
- Prepares, cleans and stocks medical supplies in examination rooms on a daily basis for patient visits.
- Responsible for ordering any ancillary or laboratory testing as physician directed. Writes out orders as directed by physician for surgeries, x-rays, CTs, MRIs, etc.
- Following up with labs, and referrals to close the loop.
- Serves as a clinical contact for patients and pharmacies with respect to prescriptions and refill requests, and processing authorized refills.
- Responsible for inventory.
- Responsible for all in-house testing and ancillary patient services offered by the clinic. Training provided.
- Clerical and administrative clinic duties and calling patients to setup return visits.
- Must be courteous and tactful with all patients.
- Ability to communicate and relate well to providers, office staff and patients.
- Must be efficient and conscientious in delivering medical care to patients.
- Must have an awareness of patient confidentiality and be able to follow directions well from providers.
Interested to apply? Send your resume to email@example.com.