About the job Technical Support Specialist - Help Desk
Job: Technical Support Specialist- (Level 1 & Level 2)
Work hours per week: 40
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Arlington County’s Department of Technology Service is looking to hire Help Desk analyst(s) to respond to portal, phone, email submitted Incident and Request tickets for its Technical Services Center (TSC). The position is for a 40-hour workweek. Hours may fluctuate from regular hours to after hours.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Answer, validate and triage incoming phone-in Incidents and Requests from Internal Arlington County employees
· Process, validate and triage email submitted Incidents and Request from Internal Arlington County employees
· Review and validate ticket information on self-service ticket submissions
· Route and escalate tickets to appropriate support teams
· Identify and perform First Contact Resolution tickets
· Provide technical information/assistance on configuration, setup, maintenance and initial troubleshooting of County standard computer systems, hardware and software
· Provide best effort support for technical information/assistance on non-standard computer systems, hardware and software
· Develop and maintain Knowledge Articles
· Provide instructions on configuration, setup, maintenance for County computer systems, hardware and software.
· Follow up on customer queries with T2 (in-depth technical support – power user) and T3 (expert product and service support – engineers, architects) teams
· Provide support and follow up for specifically assigned tasks
The County of Arlington operates primarily Windows environment and Office 365 with a combination of Laptops, Desktop, and Mobile Devices. Capabilities must include wireless and remote troubleshooting, superior customer service skills, excellent communications skills and recent Help Desk experience.
· Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent CompTIA A+, Security + or Network + certification
· HDI Certification a plus
ITIL Foundation a plus
Our employees receive a competitive salary and benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k 3% matching, PTO). To be considered for the position, please submit a resume in response to this posting. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to full pre-employment background screenings.