About the job Technical Support Specialist - Help Desk
Job: Technical Support Specialist- Help Desk
Location: Remote applicants considered
Full time; work 40 hours per week
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Type of Support: Tier 1 (Basic help desk resolution and service desk delivery)
Arlington County’s Department of Technology Service is looking to hire Help Desk analyst(s) to respond to the portal, phone, email submitted Incident and Request tickets for its Technical Services Center (TSC). The position is for a 40-hour workweek that will include evenings and weekends. Hours may fluctuate from regular hours to after hours.
The County of Arlington operates primarily Windows environment and Office 365 with a combination of Laptops, Desktop, and Mobile Devices. Capabilities must include wireless and remote troubleshooting, superior customer service skills, excellent communications skills and recent Help Desk experience.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle calls from a wide array of individuals from blue-collar workers to elected officials
- Answering, validating and triaging incoming phone-in Incidents and Requests from Internal Arlington County employees
- Processing, validating and triaging email submitted Incidents and Request from Internal Arlington County employees
- Reviewing and validating ticket information on self-service ticket submissions
- Routing and escalating tickets to appropriate support teams
- Identifying and performing First Contact Resolution tickets
- Providing technical information/assistance on configuration, setup, maintenance and initial troubleshooting of County standard computer systems, hardware and software
- Provide best-effort support for technical information/assistance on non-standard computer systems, hardware and software
- Developing Knowledge Articles
- Offer instructions on configuration, setup, maintenance for County computer systems, hardware and software.
- Following up on customer queries with T2 (in-depth technical support – power user) and T3 (expert product and service support – engineers, architects) teams
- Providing support and follow up for specifically assigned tasks
- Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent
- CompTIA A+, Security + or Network + certification HDI Certification a plus; ITIL Foundation a plus
NOTE: This position may require working remotely. This would require a quiet, network enabled workspace.
Our employees receive a competitive salary and benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k 3% matching, PTO). To be considered for the position, please submit a resume in response to this posting. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to full pre-employment background screenings.