About the job Technical Support Specialist- Help Desk
Job: Technical Support Specialist- Help Desk
Location: Remote applicants considered
Arlington County’s Department of Technology Service is looking to hire two Help Desk analysts for after-hours support to respond to portal, phone, email submitted Incident and Request tickets for its Technical Services Center (TSC). The position is for a 40-hour workweek that will include evenings and weekends.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Handle calls from a wide array of individuals from blue-collar workers to elected officials
· Answering, validating and triaging incoming phone-in Incidents and Requests from Internal Arlington County employees
· Processing, validating and triaging email submitted Incidents and Request from Internal Arlington County employees
· Reviewing and validating ticket information on self-service ticket submissions
· Routing and escalating tickets to appropriate support teams
· Identifying and performing First Contact Resolution tickets
· Providing technical information/assistance on configuration, setup, maintenance and initial troubleshooting of County standard computer systems, hardware and software
· Provide best effort support for technical information/assistance on non-standard computer systems, hardware and software
· Developing Knowledge Articles
· Offer instructions on configuration, setup, maintenance for County computer systems, hardware and software.
· Following up on customer queries with L2 and L3 support teams
· Providing support and follow up for specifically assigned tasks
The County of Arlington operates primarily Windows environment and Office 365 with a combination of Laptops, Desktop, and Mobile Devices. Capabilities must include wireless and remote troubleshooting, superior customer service skills, excellent communications skills and recent Help Desk experience.
· Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent CompTIA A+, Security + or Network + certification
· HDI Certification a plus
· ITIL Foundation a plus
NOTE: This position may require working remotely. This would require a quiet, network-enabled workspace.