About the job Quant Analyst Python Developer
Quant Analyst Python Developer
Location – Remote (US) until after Covid then DC
Any Work Status (NO OPT or SUBS)
Must Have Experience:
• 1+ years Enhancing financial models
• 2+ years Python Lots of Data to play with and manipulate
• Proficient in SQL
• Mortgage experience needed (GSE experience (Fannie/Freddie) is a bonus)
• Bachelor’s degree Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering and at least three (3) years of experience in Data Mining, predictive analytics, and/or machine learning (or master’s degree and one (1) years of experience)
• Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
• Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
• Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
• Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
• Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
• Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
• Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
• Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met