About the job Project Manager
· Provide support by developing and maintaining all performance dashboards and preparing reports to be submitted to project team.
· Maintain financial controls and systems for recording, monitoring, forecasting and budgeting of all project expenditures.
· Analyze project actuals versus forecast.
· Prepare monthly accruals and analyze against payments.
· Analyze all data and project deliverables to ensure adherence to all timeframe requirements.
· Develop, and Maintain policies and procedures.
· Coach, mentor, or train others where needed on financial topics related to their role.
· Communicate to senior leadership in language and information they request, enabling them to take action as needed.
· Be able to jump in to assist other areas of the PMO when needed.
- Excel Skills advanced skills and experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivots, look-ups, graphs, formatting) , Microsoft Project skills + PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Must understand financial aspect of Programs, Projects, and Agile in a business context and be able to explain same to non-financial resources -Be able to help with other teams (budget, forecasting)
- Fast learner with new tools (Friendly reports)
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization, from scrum teams to senior leadership - Communication Skills (at any level of the business) + problem solver + team player
- Strong sense of urgency, organizational skills and attention to detail with creative approach to solving issues
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- Must be able to examine detailed information but tailor messages to audiences with different levels of knowledge and requiring different levels of detail
Nice to have
- Familiarity with mortgage and banking industry, or even better Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac experience.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment. Some knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) practices. Use of Jira.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft OneNote, Tableau (run reports), and Planview
- Familiarity with General Ledger postings
- Work with Program and Project Managers, or within a PMO, to ensure financial information (resource forecasts and non-resource costs) are accurate, and completed as per deadlines from enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required.