About the job Software Build Manager/Configuration manager
Must Be US Citizen in USA last 2 years
We are seeking an experienced Software Build Manager / Configuration manager to act as the central point of control and communication, coordinating with the appropriate parties and directing the efforts of the support team. Responsible for the integrity of the software build and deploy processes and overall quality of code versioning and integration across development, test and production environments. This is a high visibility role that involves interaction with software developers, technical leads, and other stakeholders.
The responsibilities include:
- Plan and coordinate system configuration activities
- Maintain configuration management documentations for reference purposes
- Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency
- Determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
- Educate staffs about configuration policies and practices
- Assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities
- Follow and enforce configuration management policies and practices
- Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion
- Communicate configuration discrepancies to Management for immediate resolutions
- Assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures
- Ensure that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs
- Audit configuration controlled artifacts, assist in configuration audits, and implement audit recommendations
- Recommend configuration management solutions as per the requirements
- Assurance of code interoperability in multiple environments and configurations.
- Administer and maintain version control, version control software and code repository.
- Provide oversight in the branching and versioning of code build to the development staff.
- Oversee and provide guidelines for the branching and versioning of software builds
- Contribute to the maintenance of standard development and test environments.
- Manage, maintain and improve automated code deployment practices.
- Must be able to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years information systems, systems analysis and design and/or development experience. 3 years prior software development experience. Supervisory / Lead experience desired.
- If no degree, 7 years systems analysis and design and/or software development experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Extensive software Configuration Management experience
- Experience using Jenkins (job configuration and pipeline)
- Proficiency with Git / SVN
- Experience configuring and using Maven build automation tool
- Experience with Nexus repository management
- Working knowledge of Linux commands and shell scripting.
- Scripting / Build / Deploy experience
- Understanding of, and experience working within, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Extreme attention to detail while managing a variety of tasks, and ensuring complete accuracy
- Knowledge of either Java technologies
- Responsibility for DevOps activities, including the day-to-day application builds, server start/stop, and deployment activities
- Supporting multiple deliverables in parallel while coordinating amongst multiple teams
- Providing IT support to customers
- Serving as a system administrator/configuration specialist
- Collaborating with development and support teams
- Performing builds and resolve findings from related reports
- Configuring a project’s processes, including setting up release pipeline and configuring image servers (network appliance storage devices)
- Coordinating the deployment schedule
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members
Desired Qualifications but not required
- Some experience (2+ years) of Cloud Computing technology (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Experience with tools such as CloudForms, AppDynamics, and Splunk.
- Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research if needed.
- Knowledge of SonarQube, MySql, Nexus Community, Nexus Pro, Apache Subversion, SCM Manager, CloudBees Enterprise, HAProxy, Jenkins Operations Center
Other version control systems, build systems, deployment systems, configuration management automation systems, service virtualization, functional testing tools experience