About the job Senior Project Manager
Job: Senior Project Manager
Status: Full time
Location: Arlington, VA
Arlington County is seeking a senior-level project manager to lead the agile software implementation of our new online permitting system.
Permit Arlington is an enterprise-wide initiative to improve land development, building, and permitting processes in Arlington County. Users of the new system include staff from across multiple disciplines across the County and external customers (e.g. residents, residential and commercial developers, small business owners). Users’ expertise spans building, zoning, trades, code enforcement, engineering, public health, and other related technical and professional fields.
The primary responsibility is to lead the information technology side of the project. The individual must possess strong communication and facilitation, business analysis, documentation, project management skillsets, and have proven success in continuous process improvement.
· Collaborate closely with the vendors Project Manager to implement the third phase of a highly customized COTS product
· Ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding quality standards and stakeholder expectations; accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate
· Remove any barriers that might prevent achievement of project business goals
· Measure and track project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of the project
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Develop communication plan and coordinate communication activities
· Track issue to resolution
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Facilitate meeting, prepare agenda and meeting minutes
· Provide weekly status reports, escalate issues to management as needed
· Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and head of departments
· Strong listening and interpersonal skills
· Detail-oriented, strong analytical, problem-solving skills
· Excellent meeting facilitator, strong verbal, oral, and written communication skills
· Proven ability to drive projects using agile and/or SCRUM implementation methodology
· Knowledge and experience with project management techniques including but not limited to creating WBSs, WBS dictionaries, RACI chart, scope baselines, communication plans, risk registers, quality management plans, and all components of a project management plan
· Ability to provide high-quality collaborative documents such as meeting minutes, action items list, weekly report, executive summary, etc.
· Experience managing project of enterprise implementation in land development, building and permitting process such as Accela Civic Platform software is a plus
· 5-7 years’ experience as a Project Manager with medium to large scale, enterprise applications
· Current experience with the Atlassian product line, specifically Jira
· Experience with ITIL v3 framework and continuous improvement process
· Strong Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and MS-Project skills
· Experience with County government is a plus
· Current Certified ScrumMaster and/or Advanced or Professional Scrum Master
· Certification from the ScrumAlliance and/or current PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and on-hands familiarity with current PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK V5) is a plus
Our employees receive a competitive salary and benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k 3% matching, PTO). To be considered for the position, please submit a resume in response to this posting. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to full pre-employment background screenings.