About the job Mechanic
Nature of role: Permanent
Location: Windhoek, Namibia
- Diagnose, repair and service the fleet of ground support equipment and vehicles in accordance with manufacturers work specifications.
- Performing checks and registered inspections for all equipment and vehicles on-a-daily- basis and ensuring that quality standards are being adhered to.
- Responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance schedule and ensuring that it is kept up to date and all equipment and vehicles are serviced according to the stipulated intervals.
- Plan work procedures using charts and technical manuals; Liaising with the Operations team in-order-to maintain and effectively facilitate the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with safe working practices in consideration of self and others.
- Conducting an ongoing risk assessment on equipment and its operations as well as ensuring that all safe operating procedures are adhered to.
- Must be able to respond to out of normal hours urgent calls when required.
- Promoting and driving the safety first culture through all levels of the organization.
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Knowledge of GSE, heavy goods vehicles and earth moving equipment is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate and develop good working relationships with various stakeholders at all levels.
- A valid code 10, C1, C, EC1 or EC drivers license.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY BY SUBMITTING YOUR DETAILED CV ON THIS CAREER PAGE. (SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE NOT TO BE SUBMITTED AT THIS STAGE.)
Enquiries may be directed to:
[email protected] / +264 61 234151
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22 November 2022 @ 17h00
No late applications will be accepted.