About the job Software Engineer
MONTREAL / TORONTO /
Our team at Vistar Media is made up of engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise. This makes it the perfect place to learn from seasoned engineers to help expand your knowledge of a new programming language or technology and to make a big impact on our products and services. Our engineers work closely with our Product team week-to-week to develop new lines of business and add to our existing feature set. At Vistar, we value code quality and have a rigorous code review process. The responsibility is shared across the team, with each member participating.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to develop software solutions for our platform. Our ideal candidates are familiar with current trends in web technology, and have experience in at least one of the languages used in our code base.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to work with their team to build high-quality, performant and well-tested software that complies with coding standards and quality expectations of the leadership team and our clients.
· Write well-designed, well-tested code
· Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
· Participate in code reviews for your teammates
· 3-6 years of relevant work experience in software development
· Proven work experience as a Software Engineer in a team environment
· Knowledge of relational databases
· Experience with test-driven development
· Experience with a formal code review process is a plus
Some of our perks
· Flexible, fun, awesome start-up environment and culture
· Unlimited vacation and summer Fridays
· A large entertainment budget for virtual team building (and frequent happy hours and team outings once it's safe for those)
· Sponsored volunteer events
· Opportunities for team and project leadership
· A great bunch of people to work with and learn from