About the job Solutions Designer
We are looking for a Solutions Designer to work within our consulting team, responsible for system integration and software development initiatives for corporations operating in North America. This role is key to enabling organization to apply cloud, DevOps, and web solution technologies and best practices to their digital financial data initiatives.
The Solutions Designer will work closely with our sales team and clients to understand requirements, design creative and robust designs, and interface with our software development professionals to successfully implement solutions. You will own the analysis and architectural designs that not only meet requirements but ensure clients’ applications can scale and adapt as their businesses grows.
This position will require the ability to engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities.
What you will do:
• Schedule and host workshops with stakeholders and client SMEs to understand existing client business processes, identify needs, and gather functional and non-functional requirements.
• Capture detailed integration mapping specifications and applicable business rules for inbound and outbound data to/from client systems either via feeds or real-time interfaces
• Analyze requirements and act as an intermediary to map to our existing and new integration and platform capabilities
• Document current state and desired future state business processes via Process Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, etc., and conduct gap analysis
• Work with the Technical Leads to define technical solutions, integration specification updates, request data samples and articulate dependencies
• Document technical specifications via sequence diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, etc., to provide a clear understanding of implementation for development teams
• Present technical integration strategies and standards to new clients and lead design meetings to adapt clients’ systems to those standards
• Work with Project Managers to ensure development teams have necessary details on scope, and liaise with stakeholders to address questions raised during development if needed
• Own and develop relationships with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
What you have:
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering at University or College level
• 5+ years’ of working experience at technology companies
• Must have demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements
• Track record of innovative solution designs for a wide range of clients
• Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Experience leading meetings with a variety of business and technical stakeholders
• Proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and MS-Project
• Excellent written skills and client-facing presentational skills
• Eagerness to learn in a cutting edge and fast-moving environment
• Devotion to Customer Service- ability to engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities.
Knowledge of and experience with the following is considered an asset:
• Agile development projects
• Cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services and related technologies e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, Elasticsearch, DevOps
• Developing RESTful APIs
• API integrations with mobile browser and native applications
• Jira and Confluence
• Previous experience with software solution design and development
• Experience with scalable, secure Cloud-based enterprise -scale solutions
• Integration technologies: XML, JSON, SQL, encryption