About the job Mortgage Loan Servicer
Mortgage Loan Servicer
Our client is seeking a Mortgage Loan Servicer to manage mortgage loans on behalf of the lender, including collecting payments, handling escrows, and assisting borrowers with various loan-related inquiries and requests
- Communicate with borrowers regarding their monthly payments.
- Coordinate with third party loan servicers to ensure loans are onboarded properly and timely.
- Prepare payoff statements and coordinate with Collateral Management on loan payoffs.
- Coordinate with Accounting team on monthly payment calculation, monthly escrow calculation and reporting
- Coordinate with Construction Draw team on future funding advances.
- Coordinate with Asset Management team on collection related issues and loan extension requests.
- Build processes to accomplish the above effectively and efficiently
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; concentration in real estate is a plus.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in mortgage servicing at a consulting firm, lender, bank, or real estate fund.
- Working knowledge of multifamily and residential mortgages.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Comfortable working in a lean environment with an expectation to collaborate across business units, solve problems and work independently.
- Organized and detailed oriented. Ability to reorganize data as needed and share with other colleagues and borrowers.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of The Mortgage Office a plus.