About the job SQL/MYSQL Database Administrator
Drawing up general policies, laying down rules for SQL/MYSQL databases, following up their development and maintenance, maintenance operations of their networks and programs, and the electronic means necessary to protect them and preserve their security.
Experience: 4 to 5 years of experience
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administration of the databases (MySQL, SQL) and the environments in which they run
- Ability to identify, recommend, drive, and “own” projects and initiatives
- Participation in continues database development, data security enhancements, management and deployment and & optimization of database.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database and Designing database backup, archiving, and storage strategy
- Identifying reporting, and managing database security issues, audit trails, and forensics
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Performing database housekeeping, such as tuning, indexing, etc.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans
- Work closely with programmers and provide the required support in designing the database and improving the performance of database.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Knowledge of Linux commands & cloud database.