About the job Key Account Manager
We are looking for a Key Account Manager with excellent communication and sales abilities to manage key accounts and drive sales growth.
- Manage and service key customer accounts
- Promote the range of our company's products and services to build our share of wallet with each customer
- Delight customers with responsive, proactive and positive service.
1. Key Account Strategy
Define the company's Key Account Strategy in conjunction with the CEO.
2. Key Accounts Data
Ensure the accuracy of key account contact information and purchasing history to establish, execute and maintain an effective communication campaign.
3. Service Activity
Meet service activity targets to contact and qualify key accounts, write quotes or proposals and ensure that all service requests and follow ups are completed timeously and documented in the CRM system.
4. Key Account Sales
Achieve sales and share of wallet targets by key account, product and area as agreed with the CEO.
Achieve a strong NPS score.
- Key Account Strategy:
- Meet with the CEO and other stakeholders periodically to define or refine the Key Account Strategy for the organisation. Take note of any changes in the companys strategy and business plan that could affect the Key Account Strategy.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the companys products and services, market presence, pricing model and competitive position.
- Understand the marketplace and the companys competitors, market presence, pricing model and competitive positions.
- Understand each Key Accounts history with the company to ensure Key Account offerings compliment products/services already in use by customers.
- Work with marketing to develop custom up/cross sell promotions with related media to promote the company and its products consistently.
- Key Accounts Data:
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of the history of the company's activities and sales at each Key Account. This includes customer personnel detail changes, meetings, outcomes, service requests and a proper record of any related Key Account information.
- Service Activity:
- Meet the deadlines you agree with customers to optimise the completion of service requests and maintain/improve the company's reputation for service and quality.
- Ensure that all steps in the CRM system are actioned and documented on time. This is a critical failure point in servicing.
- Key Account Sales:
- Meet Key Account sales targets
- Ensure that closed deals are handed over to ops timelessly with all relevant detail included to enhance a positive delivery and service experience for the customer.
- Ensure that lost deals are debriefed in full to understand weaknesses in the product range, sales process or personal skills deficiencies.
- Ensure that all proposal related documentation is professionally completed and delivered according to policy and targeted quality standards.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to ensure service and satisfaction levels are maintained and enhanced.
- Ask customers for referrals and references to support your colleagues in new sales.
- Check, understand and meet customer requirements.
- Maintain market and competitor awareness to ensure the client base is not undermined by unexpected market changes or competitor activities.
- Education and Knowledge:
- Relevant Diploma / Degree / Sales Certification
- A minimum of 2 years of ICT service and/or sales
- A minimum of 4 years of B2B service and/or sales
- Technical Competencies:
- Competent user of a CRM system
- Competent in servicing, prospecting and pipeline management
- Competent key accounts management skills
- Competent sales and proposal writing skills
- Competent deal closer
- Competent communicator and relationship builder