About the job Vice President, PR (Technology Practice Area)
The Vice President is responsible for nurturing and growing a portfolio of technology accounts, leading communications strategies for clients, managing team members to ensure programs are being delivered above clients’ expectations, and assisting in new business. The role is viewed as the main lead on the accounts and will be held accountable for the satisfaction of clients as well as the motivation/effectiveness of teams and direct reports. This candidate also plays a critical role in the agency’s overall growth, with accountability for their role in the agency’s success.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the tech space
- Has prior experience running communications within an advertising, media or marketing agency…public relations agency experience is required
- Is viewed as an expert with the ability to proactively consult clients on marketing/comms strategies based on that knowledge
- Mentors/upskills junior team members’ knowledge areas
- Can independently lead planning and strategy workshops with clients to map business/comms goals and can build effective marketing and communications strategies that achieve those goals
- Provides strategic counsel to ensure goals are met - across brand visibility, reputation management, employee engagement and more
- Deeply understands what client KPIs are and works with client to ensure those KPIs are being met
- Shows deep knowledge of clients’ business, customer base, and products/services - can confidently discuss client’s business, products and services and how communications/marketing can support business growth
Salary is commensurate with experience.