About the job Account Director, B2B / Healthcare
As this boutique NYC agency grows, they are in need of a strong professional who can bridge the gap between principals and more junior staff. While they have strong (to varying degrees) Account Managers and Senior Account Managers, they need another leader who can manage accounts autonomously, give direction, keep their account teams organized and focused, and really the ultimately goal – shoulder some of the account management burden from the agency principals.
• Four years' agency experience with B2B and Healthcare clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Cision, and Google Docs
• Experience running accounts with minimal oversight
• Telephone pitching experience
• Works well in an open, team environment
• Strong focus but ability to multi-task
• Reports to President and CEO (agency principals)
• Ability to ultimately run 6+ accounts (start with approximately four)
• Oversee account structure including but not limited to reporting, content management, social media strategy (where applicable), PR strategy, client communications, and media outreach
• Media outreach. We are a growing firm but is still boutique, and everyone has media relationships.
• Supervise account management personnel, generally one or two additional team members of varying levels. One can often serve as the day-to-day while the other more in an administrative role. Any supervised personnel need to be held accountable for deadlines, content, media outreach, timeliness and attendance for phone calls and meetings.
• Exhibit strong client management skills, including email correspondence, weekly/bimonthly calls with clients, agenda preparation, in-person meetings and media event staffing, and most importantly – transparent dialogue when things may not be optimal or going smoothly.
• Leadership qualities are paramount.