About the job Vice President, Investor Relations/Life Sciences
Vice President, Investor Relations - Life Sciences
Company Info: Communications consultancy focused on the biotech and pharmaceuticals industry. We advise companies who specialize in pharmaceutical discovery and development, drug delivery, medical devices and diagnostics, as well as advisory and investment firms focusing on the life sciences space.
Position: The Vice President of Investor Relations for Life Sciences will report directly to CEO and COO and will be responsible for a roster of clients that range from Biotech start-ups to large cap publicly traded healthcare companies. The role is that of an experienced leader with a proven background executing and overseeing strategic investor relations plans that meet both
our clients’ short and long-term goals. This role also heads a team of staff members and should have strong background in leadership, mentoring and team building.
• Agency investor relations experience OR internal investor relations experience is required
• 5 - 7 years of industry experience specifically in Investor Relations and Corporate Communications with biotechnology/specialty pharma or in the investment community
• Strong relationships in the Buy Side and Sell Side community that cover Healthcare
• Strong Background in Science, Healthcare, Finance, Corporate Communications
• In-depth knowledge of capital markets and the life sciences investor community
• Ability to build and cultivate strong relationships with our clients’ Executive Management Teams
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships with company executives, investors, analysts, and the media
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate and capture new business opportunities
• Exceptional ability to maintain and balance a roster of client’s needs, prevent attrition and provide excellent customer service on every level
• This role requires strong organizational and project management skills.
• A Vice President should be a mentor to junior staff, a role model and constantly building and maintaining a strong team around them