About the job Public Relations Account Director
Strategic communications firm focused on PR and investor relations based in Los Angeles is seeking an experienced PR professional to lead busy account teams.
If you have 5-7 years of agency experience supporting and leading account teams, are excellent at client relations, a strong PR writer (know how to craft compelling pitches and newsworthy press releases), know how to navigate the media landscape and pitch to obtain meaningful results, detail-oriented, are pro-active, and able to effectively multi-task, this job may be for you.
This is a full-time position that can be 100% virtual or in the West LA office.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced company where you will have a meaningful impact. Our clients are prominent public and private companies across a variety of industries, and you will be part of a deeply knowledgeable and experienced team.
• Research, plan and implement media relations strategy and programs for clients.
• Drive the day-to-day execution of media campaigns.
• Develop compelling pitches and news releases.
• Cultivate relationships with key members of the media, draft pitches, and conduct aggressive outreach on news and story ideas.
• Monitor company, competitor, and industry news; conduct research as necessary.
• Continuously come to the table with ideas for fresh pitches and new reporter contacts.
• Maintain media contact lists; able to use PR data base software (Cision – training is available)
• Set up media tours and provide on-site media management if needed.
• Compile interview briefs with all interview details and company messaging.
• Take ownership of/delegate agendas, recaps, action items and actively follow through to ensure deadlines are being met.
• Develop social media copy as needed.
• Work directly with clients and the senior team. Must be comfortable and confident in a client-facing role.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in communications, media, business, or journalism.
• At least five years of relevant experience, preferably in an agency environment.
• Understanding of financial services and markets a plus.
• Excellent writing, organizational and verbal skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook); working knowledge of PR software.
• Be a team player but also thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work under very tight deadlines.
• Intellectually curious and detail oriented.
• Strict adherence to safely handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Proficiency in AP style.
• Reliable and responsive.