About the job Director, Public Relations
Leading Stamford, CT, financial PR agency is seeking ambitious, collaborative, and self-motivated director(s). This is a 1099 contract and hybrid work (remote and onsite) position with the potential for W2 employment.
We’re looking for members who will join us in growing and managing our portfolio companies’ investments in their reputation capital (rep cap).
Directors lead the day-to-day strategy, planning, implementation and performance of our rep cap remits. The ideal candidate will be able to work on multiple client investments (capped at 3x), simultaneously.
- Directing reputation capital programs for clients, including running day to day rep cap strategy and execution across disciplines such as public relations, media relations, marketing, communications and related disciplines.
- Understanding and regularly keeping abreast of the changing reputation landscape.
- Identifying and creating story angles/pitches – following key industry trends, competitors.
- Drafting compelling long and short form content (i.e. press releases, blogs, social media copy).
- Managing day-to-day activities including client communication and internal operational needs.
- Acting as the Client Leader and primary contact for clients, working with the Client’s Operating Partner, to drive strategy and execution.
- Manage client account team of managers, associates, agency partners and support staff to execute strategy and directives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team – working collaboratively with internal teams, and as an extension of clients’ teams.
- 8+ years of experience either at an agency or in house (agency preferred; experience in tech or fintech preferred).
- A strong background in using owned and earned media to drive engagement, increase awareness, and support a company’s business goals and objectives.
- A proven track record of creating, managing, and executing B2B and B2B2C strategies that are tied directly to the objectives of the business, maximize impact, and deliver business results (In fintech, financial services or B2B tech, preferred but not essential).
- The ability to influence and develop relationships with senior level stakeholders through collaboration.
- Organizational savviness to build consensus amongst multiple stakeholders in creating alignment and synergy amongst all.
- Storytelling capabilities to construct powerful narratives that move our brand and reputation forward.