About the job Senior Vice President, Life Science Practice
Life Science background preferred and writing skills a must.
Company Info: The company is a communications consultancy focused on the biotech and pharmaceuticals industry. They advise companies who specialize in pharmaceutical discovery and development, drug delivery, medical devices, and diagnostics.
Position: The Senior Vice President, Public Relations reports directly to CEO and COO and will be responsible for a roster of clients that range from Biotech start-ups to large-cap, publicly traded healthcare companies. The role is that of an experienced leader with a proven background executing and overseeing strategic PR plans that meet both
our clients’ short and long-term goals. This role also heads a team of staff members and should have strong background in leadership, mentoring and team building.
• Prior PR agency experience is required
• 7+ years of industry experience specifically in Corporate Communications with biotechnology/specialty pharma
• Strong media relationships
• Strong Background in Science, Healthcare, Corporate Communications
• In-depth knowledge of the life sciences community
• Ability to build and cultivate strong relationships with our clients’ Executive Management Teams
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships with company executives and the media
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate and capture new business opportunities
• Exceptional ability to maintain and balance a roster of client’s needs, prevent attrition and provide excellent customer service on every level
• This role requires strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to mentor junior staff, be a role model and constantly build and maintain a strong team
Currently remote; ultimately hybrid.