About the job Technical Advisors, Somalia GESI/MERL
Technical Experts for Gender and Social Inclusion – Somalia Security and Justice Programme Phase II Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Services
About Us: Gender Resources Inc (GRI) is a women-owned small business based in San Francisco, California that leads international programs to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We apply innovative practices in adult education, information communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve tangible impacts. Our firm seeks candidates who are creative problem solvers who share our passion for advancing gender equality and social inclusion.
Position Description: GRI is seeking Technical Experts for Gender and Social Inclusion to serve as a short-term advisors for the anticipated UNOPS Somalia Security and Justice Programme Phase II Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Services. This Extended Team of technical experts may be called upon to provide specific (time-bound) technical inputs to contribute to successful delivery of MERL strategy.
GRI is seeking specialists with expertise in the inclusion of vulnerable or marginalized populations (women, youth, marginalized clans, religious minorities, IDPs, and/or the disabled) in security and justice sector programming; gender-based violence; positive masculinities; trafficking; land disputes; informal or traditional justice mechanisms; forced migration; and other rights violations. Successful candidates will have demonstratable capabilities in one or more of the following areas:
· Delivery of longitudinal, mixed methods impact evaluations, outcome or summative evaluations, and/or process evaluations to test the efficacy of programmatic approaches; familiarity with PDIA monitoring systems
· Formative and operational research designed to produce integrated learning across programmes and for multiple partners;
· Integrated learning strategies (including learning tools, processes, etc.) across multiple programme partners to support the integration of evidence into effective adaptive programming
· Capacity building approaches to strengthen implementing partners’ capacity in monitoring and evaluation including the development and use of monitoring tools, evaluation methods
· Building of organizational culture that value evidence, learning and adaptation, and understands the principles of equality an inclusion and the link between it and a just security sector
· Delivery of frameworks, tools, and processes that monitor and evaluate progress towards achieving transformative change in gender equality and social inclusion, including masculinity and approaches to measuring shifts in social norms
· Demonstrated technical expertise in promoting the inclusion of marginalized communities in Somalia
· Demonstrated background in social science research methodologies;
qualitative and quantitative research background preferred
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
· BA required; MA or PhD preferred
· Experience with gender and inclusion issues in Somali security and justice sectors
· Familiarity with applications for behavioral sciences in
· Detailed knowledge of the socio-political environment in Somalia, as
· it relates to inclusion and marginalization
· Proven success liaising with representatives at all levels on gender
· and inclusion issues
· Ability and interest to travel throughout Somalia, especially Baidoa, Kismayo, Hargeisa, and Burao (Burco) or to work remotely in an effective manner
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. GRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.