About the job MERL Advisor for Gender and Social Inclusion – Somalia
MERL Advisor for Gender and Social Inclusion – Somalia Security and Justice Programme Phase II Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and learning (MERL) Services
About Us: Gender Resources Inc (GRI) is a women-owned small business based in San Francisco, California that leads international programs to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We apply innovative practices in adult education, information communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve tangible impacts. Our firm seeks candidates who are creative problem solvers who share our passion for advancing gender equality and social inclusion.
Position Description: GRI is seeking a MERL Advisor for Gender and Social Inclusion to serve as a long term Technical Advisor for UNOPS anticipated Somalia Security and Justice Programme Phase II Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Services. This position will be part of the Core Team, and will have primary responsibility for GESI aspects of the MERL strategy and for embedding a culture of practice-based learning for inclusion in target program offices. The MERL Advisor for Gender and Social Inclusion will help establish systems and tools, provide technical assistance and support, and accompany FMS program teams to capture and document learning and evidence in real time, and to facilitate continual adaption on the basis of that learning.
GRI is seeking a senior specialist with expertise in transformational approaches to inclusion of people based on gender, religion, ethnicity, clan, and/or disability inclusion. Successful candidates will have experience in one or more areas of gender and inclusion in program monitoring, qualitative and/or quantitative research, data collection methodologies, training and capacity building, and/or analysis and evaluation, and a pssion for helping all Somalis achieve safe, fair, and accountable security and justice outcomes.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in promoting the inclusion of marginalized communities in Somalia
· Demonstrated background in social science research methodologies;
· qualitative and quantitative research background preferred
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
· BA required; MA or PhD preferred
· Experience with gender and inclusion issues in Somali security and justice sectors, including gender based violence
· Familiarity with applications for behavioral sciences in
· Detailed knowledge of the socio-political environment in Somalia, as
· it relates to inclusion and marginalization
· Proven success liaising with representatives at all levels on gender
· and inclusion issues
· Ability and interest to travel throughout Somalia, especially Baidoa, Kismayo, Hargeisa, and Burao (Burco)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. GRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.