Job Openings Virtual Nurse Associate
About the job Virtual Nurse Associate
WHAT IS NEXT IN YOUR CAREER IN 2023?
Would working as a pioneer in a new company spark your interest? Are you looking for a position with tremendous growth potential?
Our US-based client, an innovative healthcare virtual solutions provider, is looking for PH-licensed nurses to be part of their initial team at their first Philippine-based Metro Manila site. The role is responsible in directly observing multiple patients at the same time using the company's state-of-the-art remote monitoring equipment (CARE Technology). The associate will promote a safe environment by supporting and communicating with floor staff while providing patients and families with the reassurance of patient safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Obtains verbal report from the patient's bedside nurse to include information regarding the patients identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
- Ensures complete visualization of the patient via remote monitoring equipment. Continuous visual observation of patients always using room safety cameras to identify the potential harm to self or others. This includes dislodging drains, tubes, IVs, getting up unassisted, etc.
- Obtains instruction from the bedside nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of the patient if needed.
- Collaboration with the Charge virtual nurse (VN) for concerns not requiring immediate physical intervention.
- Observes the patient's activity and behavior and redirect the patient as needed. If indicated, immediately notify floor staff of the need for physical intervention (such as toileting assistance assisting the patient to lie back in bed, moving an item closer, etc.)
- Using clinical judgment to determine whether camera monitoring is necessary during private patient activities, such as physician examinations, bathing, and toileting.
- Able to identify safety risks and communicate the need to escalate assistance to the patient.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by a responsible nurse to changing patients'/unit's needs.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for the patient, families/significant others, and other healthcare members.
- Active and unrestricted Philippine Nurse License
- At least 1 year of clinical experience or related work experience
- Exposure to US healthcare is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer navigation skills including common PC applications
- Ability to work with others within the team to ensure quality patient care
- Strong critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- All applicants must be willing to report onsite.