About the job Clinical Trainer (PHRN)
Its Time For A Change
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of "Becker's 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how were building an equitable workplace.
We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you're looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don't just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Clinical Nurse Educator
The Clinical Nurse Educator plays a critical role in developing and delivering comprehensive clinical education and training curriculum for various internal and external care management and utilization management staff such as new hire orientation, client implementation, and ongoing educational offerings. This role is responsible for supporting successful clinical operations performance and outcomes as well as achieving and/or maintaining contractual and regulatory compliance requirements such as CMS, NCQA, and State/Federal specifications.
This team member is integral to our clinical operations and services, supporting staffs knowledge and skills to successfully perform their role(s); responsible for delivering educational courses and training, including analysis and planning, design development, implementation, and evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply instructional design models and adult learning principles to design instructor led and self-guided clinical and non-clinical education and training courses and materials for example, participant guides, scripts, process guides/job aids, scenarios, training activities and other related materials.
- Actively collaborate with leaders, colleagues, and subject matter experts to understand processes to inform development and delivery of standardized as well as customized education and training courses and curriculum for care management (Medical, Population Health, Behavioral Health) and/or utilization management (Intake, Review/Determinations, Appeals & Grievances).
- Develop clinical and non-clinical education and training courses and materials; process guides, scenarios, facilitation and participant guides, skills practices, knowledge checks, modules, course evaluations, patient-facing materials for care management (CM), utilization management (UM), appeals and grievances programs and operations.
- Independently lead and facilitate education and training to licensed and non-licensed staff such as Nurses, Health Educators, Community Health Workers, Physicians, Social Workers, etc; to include supporting criteria, tools, and platform utilization, soft skills (patient engagement/activation, self-management, share decision making, etc.) for our Care and Utilization Management operations.
- Present comprehensive education and training regarding population health foundations, CM/UM platforms and tools.
- Promote optimization and efficiencies regarding clinical operations, educational strategy and approach by recognizing areas of opportunities in delivery methods, tools, materials, and mediums to align with adult learning principles, virtual training trends, and increase participant engagement.
- Apply industry standard processes such as Kirkpatrick Taxonomy or Phillips ROI models to comprehensively capture and evaluate curriculum effectiveness and inform training and educational course enhancements as well as reporting on results.
- Actively participate and support CM and UM operational enhancement and development, quality assurance, and process and performance initiatives such as User Acceptance Training (UAT) or Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR).
We are looking for team members who possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and integrity; who enjoys working in a collaborative, team-oriented structure, and will do whatever it takes to achieve the desired educational outcomes (even the small stuff).
- Active and unrestricted nursing license in the Philippines or US
- 1-3 years of experience educating and training health care clinicians and staff; both licensed and non-licensed.
- Prior experience in the fields of Care management and/or Utilization management
- Experience and proficient in live and virtual training.
- Strong facilitation and engagement skills.
- Experience and competency utilizing Electronic Medical Records, CM/UM platforms, Microsoft Office and Publisher, Power Point, and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, ability to actively listen, ask open-ended questions, clarify, confirm, and understand perspectives across a range of different organizations and personalities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adapt to change, work well under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment, and manage a project from start to finish.
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Window PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills
- Hours of training and operations may vary based on training needs (US Business Hours and Philippines Business Hours)
- Instructional Design degree or certification is an advantage
- Experience utilizing Learning Management System (LMS) preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Earn as much as 65,000 up to 70,000 per month;
- HMO coverage includes you and a dependent.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Evolent Health intends to establish a great working environment in the Philippines and offers a competitive benefit package. Candidates offered a position must be able to successfully pass the background check. * Skills testing may be required. Employees will initially be hired by Genfinity with the expectation that they will be transferred to Evolent.