About the job Quality Engineer - SOA
Gentis Solutions is seeking a SOA Tester to join our team. This contract to hire position is with one of our Fortune 50 clients interested in full-time flex consultants. The ideal candidates will have the required skills listed below and will be eligible and open to be hired by our client at the end of the project’s duration. This position works alongside an existing team and leverages enterprise-level technologies and processes. If you would like to work at a company that has been recognized for its diversity and inclusion, its work to drive positive social change, and as an environmental leader, make sure you apply below.
- Hands on Experience working with Rest Assured Framework (with Java)
- Relevant experience in software quality assurance
- Hands-on, automation testing of integration web services (both REST and SOAP protocols) that include database validations
- Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQTT, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON, Bytes array message format or Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Experience in SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
- Java/Selenium experience
- Working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- Utilizing JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
- Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
- Point of Sale, weigh scales, mobile devices, etc.
- Test web services using SDLC best practices.
- Participate in all phases of API / Integration / web services system testing.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality and test procedures, processes and best practices for QA.
- Develop and maintain test plan and test scripts with associated test data based upon functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identify test automation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing services.
- Contribute to test automation scripting standards and best practices.
- Elicit & understand SOA testing requirements.
- Write automation scripts and participate in peer reviews.
- Develop a repeatable process for designing, developing, and executing scripts.
- Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams.
- Report and document defects found during test cycles. Participate in defect prioritization sessions.
- Work with development teams to instill testability into development practices.
- Provide test services for support activity and work with release management to assure product release quality.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
Compensation & Benefits
Gentis Solutions offers industry leading employment packages for its professionals. Full-time Gentis employees can expect compensation at above market rates with exceptional benefits such as:
- Full premium coverage of health, dental, & vision.
- Fully matched 401K plan
- PTO plan that reaches 4 weeks of time off
- Maternity/Paternity Leave, and more