About the job Lead Android Developer
Gentis Solutions is seeking a Lead Android Developer to join our team. This contract-to-hire position is with one of our Fortune 50 clients interested in flex/remote consultants. The ideal candidates will have the required skills listed below and will be eligible and open to be hired by our client at the end of the project’s duration. This position works alongside an existing team and leverages enterprise-level technologies and processes.
- 6+years of experience with Mobile Development and building user-facing applications on Android.
- Strong knowledge of Google’s Android UI design principles, patterns, best practices, and interface guidelines.
- Possess the ability to design applications around UI such as touch.
- Experience working with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- 3+ year of experience coding in Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration and automated testing integration
- 3+ years of successful and applicable hands-on experience in software or infrastructure development domain and principles, including design patterns and code structure
- 3+ years of a proven track record of designing and delivering large scale, high-quality systems
- 3+ years of successful and applicable experience taking a lead role in building complex software and automation systems that has been successfully delivered to customers
- 3+ years of experience leading an engineering team, with collaboration with Product Managers and User Experience Designers.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and industry competition
- Proven ability to think and contribute at the strategic level
- Demonstrated written, oral and, presentation/public speaking communication skills
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge with SQL.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Experience with developing services on a cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure or AWS Cloud and integrating with mobile application UIs / APIs.
- Demonstrated capability to build, mentor and maintain an inclusive team-based environment
- Experience building solutions using elastic architectures (preferably Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform)
- Accountable for proactively leading or supporting software engineering activities that create deliverables that guide the direction, development, and delivery of software solutions that meet business needs.
- Provide leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required to deliver critical business solutions.
- Develop target-state guidance (i.e., reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, individual parts, and configurations) to evolve the organization’s development process.
- Demonstrate the core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and, safety.
Compensation & Benefits
Gentis Solutions offers industry leading employment packages for its professionals. We offer W2, 1099, and C2C engagements. In particular, our W2 employees can expect compensation at above market rates with exceptional benefits such as:
- Full premium coverage of Health, Dental, & Vision.
- Fully matched 401K plan
- PTO plan that reaches 4 weeks of time off
- Maternity/Paternity Leave, and more