Job Openings Quality Engineer
About the job Quality Engineer
As a Quality Engineer, you will have a hands-on approach to quality control systems for processing materials into finished products. Reporting to the Director of Quality Control. Job Requirements
- Develops and initiates methods and procedures for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures supervises the design of forms for recording quality checks and preparation of instructions for these procedures.
- May conduct training programs and write training manuals on quality control activities.
- Prepares and offers constructive criticism relative to variables and deviations from prescribed standards of quality.
- Maintains charts, graphs, and statistical records having to do with quality, nature and causes of defects.
- Works with Engineering Department to define and document inspection and test processes.
- Interfaces with customers and quality representatives.
- During reviews, ensures that related quality considerations are well defined and documented in a quality plan. Works with engineering to evaluate drawings, specifications, and changes during the formative stages of the production process design for factors affecting quality, reliability, safety, production, and operation of the product.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 + years quality engineering experience.
- Ability to interact with people on the floor, good social skills, and able to work with diverse work groups.
- A good understanding of GD&T.
- Experience programming and running CMMs using PCDIMIS software a plus
- Knowledge of AS9102
- Ability to read blueprints and specs.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of aerospace composites a plus.
- Six Sigma Black Belt cert. a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen