About the job Senior IT Analyst
- 5-7 years experience in infrastructure services or infrastructure analysis, deployment and support
- Experience working closely with service providers and delegating operational activities to them, as directed by a director or manager
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure components, trends and best practices
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and metrics
An IT Analyst will: Work closely with IT Service Delivery, IT Support Services, and business unit professionals, project managers and other areas of NiSource, and Service Providers to perform and/or support operations processes, including procurement and payment processing, spending optimization, and expense management related to infrastructure services.
- Help drive resolution of operational and service-based issues, reviewing, analyzing and reporting on Service Provider operations, as directed by the Director of IT Operations Prepare for and help facilitate regular performance review meetings with the Service Provider and prepare performance and status information for NiSource IT and business leaders, as requested Resolve or escalate issues related to operations in a timely manner.
- Work closely with NiSource project managers and Service Provider personnel to help track and monitor projects that meet business needs and adhere to agreed-upon service levels (e.g., budget, schedule, quality)
- Work closely with the IT Support Services to resolve Service Provider related issues and to help ensure accurate reporting related to Service Provider performance Gather infrastructure services data on spending patterns for analysis and reporting.
- Provide information on spending for company cost allocation and metric reporting. Gather data on day-to-day operational execution of services and equipment delivery for analysis and reporting.
- Review monthly/annual forecast of expenses for the IT Budget, and analyzes and report variances to budget.
- Facilitate audits of processes related to Infrastructure Services.
- Assist in ensuring the Service Providers are adhering to NiSources defined standards
- Confirm that Application Services supporting documentation is available and kept up-to-date Maintain a solid understanding of the Service Providers operational and service delivery capabilities and processes