About the job Controls Engineer
Are you a passionate Controls Engineer seeking to work with a company at the forefront of industrial innovation? Our client has over 200 years of industry expertise and is a global leader in providing sustainable solutions for industrial companies. As a Controls Engineer working with our client, you will join a team of 8,000 employees across 30 countries, driving the future of technology and innovation. Make sure you apply below.
- AS or BS in Engineering. Ideally, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineer or similar
- Equivalent years of experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 2+ years of Controls Engineering/PLC/HMI programming experience
- 2+ years of Rockwell Allen Bradley (Controllogix OR RSLogix OR Studio 5000) or Siemens Step 7 (TIA Portal, WinCC) PLC programming experience
- Other PLC platforms are helpful as well such as Omron, Mitsubishi, GE, etc.
- The ability to program/write code/ladder logic from scratch
- Prior experience with automotive manufacturing integration and commissioning
- Prior experience programming within customer-defined standards and templates
- Proficient with a variety of field bus networks including but not limited to DeviceNet, Ethernet I/P, Profibus, ProfiNet, etc. a plus
- Experience with hardware design using AutoCAD, Promise-E or ePlan is a plus
- Creating and commissioning industrial controls systems, PLC software design, and HMI screens, for different industries and environments
- Responsible for PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning of the complete system
- Conducting the peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with build and electrical teams
- Ensure that systems are designed and programmed to customer and/or DyAG build specifications using standard techniques and approaches
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of systems