About the job Advanced Data Engineer
Gentis Solutions is seeking an Advanced Data Engineer to join our team. This contract-to-hire position is with one of our Fortune 50 clients interested in full-time consultants. The ideal candidates will have the required skills listed below and will be eligible and open to being hired by our client at the end of the project's duration. This position works alongside an existing team and leverages enterprise-level technologies and processes. If you would like to work at a company that has been recognized for its diversity and inclusion, its work to drive positive social change, and as an environmental leader, make sure you apply below.
- 7 years of applicable hands-on experience in data development and principles including end-to-end design patterns
- 7 years proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high-quality operational or analytical data systems
- 7 years of successful and applicable experience taking a lead role in building complex data solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proven ability to think and contribute at the strategic level
- Demonstrated written, oral and presentation/public speaking communication skills
- Understanding of network and data security architecture
- Strong experience driving evolutionary change in data solutions and underlying technologies
- Knowledge in three of the following technical disciplines: data warehousing, big data management, analytics development, data science, application programming interfaces (APIs), data integration, cloud, servers and storage, and database management
- Innovate, develop, and drive the development and communication of data strategy and roadmaps across the technology organization to support project portfolio and business strategy
- Drive the development and communication of enterprise standards for data domains and data solutions, focusing on simplified integration and streamlined operational and analytical uses
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core data assets, including SQL-based, NoSQL-based, and Cloud-based data platforms
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the budgeting or other capital planning processes Lead the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Mentor team members in data principles, patterns, processes and practices
- Promote the reuse of data assets, including the management of the data catalog for reference
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications and other design documents
- Proactively and holistically lead activities that create deliverables to guide the direction, development, and delivery of technological responses to targeted business outcomes.
- Provide facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's data and information architecture, focusing on data as an asset for the enterprise.
- Develop target-state guidance (i.e., reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) to evolve the technical infrastructure related to data and information across the enterprise, including direct collaboration with 84.51.