About the job Editor in Chief
Based on a small campus between London’s King’s Cross and Camden, GINX is one of the world’s leading esports and gaming media companies... Our platforms reach millions of users and viewers every month. We produce shows for television and OTT as well as for digital platforms (our own and 3rd-party) and create bespoke content for brands.
We are looking for a creative and passionate Editor in Chief to lead the GINX Digital Content team, develop the product roadmap, and to be responsible for audience growth.
As the Editor in Chief, you will be responsible for driving forward all aspects of our content offering, identifying new growth opportunities and services to increase the site’s’ revenue and profitability. You will ensure our content is distributed to the right audience, is optimised for that audience, and the platform(s) it lives on.
You are a confident leader and strategic thinker who still enjoys being hands-on when the need arises. As the Editor in Chief , you will directly manage our content teams. Your direct reports will also include the editorial and social media teams.
- Lead a multi-market content strategy, from inception to final touches
- Develop and own the product roadmap for ginx.tv
- Strive to push the department forward by researching new trends, and building them into our strategy
- Discover, engage and manage third party technologies and suppliers to create fluid and ROI effective development and content strategies (developers, SEO specialists, ad network etc)
- Educate the wider content and digital teams about what success for GINX content looks like
- Line manage digital team members, supporting personal development for direct reports
- Raise the profile of the teams’ offering throughout the business
- Lead the recruitment process for new digital team members
- Support other head staff members as and when needed to develop and grow the business
- 3 years of proven experience line-managing a team of content and SEO specialists, ideally within gaming or youth-orientated online media
- Confident leading and inspiring a team
- Confident, comfortable and professional when communicating with third parties including content specialists, video producers or development agencies
- Excellent understanding of the gaming and esports industries
- Demonstrated experience improving content and platforms SEO and CWV performances. Excellent knowledge of SEO best practices and tools: thorough understanding of SEO tools required to measure performance backed by data, including GA, ahrefs, Semrush, GTmetrix and the Google console
- Proven experience using trends, demographic and user-behaviour data in a content and product strategy
- Understanding of organic social channels and how they should complement onsite content, with YouTube being a priority
- Thorough knowledge of how to measure the impact of content and technical work through analytics, P&L analysis and other metrics
- Proven successful experience identifying content related opportunities, setting business-relevant KPIs, projecting performance and expected ROI
- Proven, demonstrable experience growing a digital media within the gaming or entertainment industries
- Strong understanding of UX best practices and how to use them to positively impact engagement rates
- Proven experience implementing and/or improving SEO-focused processes in a product-first, content-focused manner
- Proven experience reporting to a board level
We are looking for someone with a solid work-ethic, obsessed with improving what we do. You will make your stamp on the role, the department, and the company while continuing the work initiated by the business over the last two years.
We want someone who is goal orientated and will ensure every task is appropriately planned, executed, and completed. You will bring the best out in staff, empowering them to work autonomously while supporting, guiding and helping them when required.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including flexible working hours, birthday day off, and Christmas office closure. This role will be hybrid, with 3 days working in the London HQ.