Job Openings Head Pastry Chef
About the job Head Pastry Chef
Global Experts is a leading recruitment agency that helps skilled professionals get the best jobs with trustworthy employers. On behalf of our client, a 5* Hotel in Bayern, Germany we are looking for a Head Pastry Chef!
Pastry Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Coordinates activities of pastry chefs and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team.
The ideal candidate:
- Possess 4 years of experience as a Pastry Sous Chef or 2 years experience as a Head Pastry Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Have strong communication and organisational skills: these are a must as this is a busy, dynamic role.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts, including weekends, evenings and on occasion, early mornings.
- Excellent knowledge of the pastry and bakery section
- Speak English or German fluently
What our clients offer:
- Permanent or seasonal contracts
- Friendly and professional work environment
- The chance to work with fresh, quality ingredients
- International team
- Food & accommodation
- Full health & social insurance
- Other employee benefits
What we offer:
- Free job search process and creation of professional CVs
- Interviews and assistance in 8 languages
- Administrative help
- Help with the trip organisation
- Friend referral bonus
- Loyalty bonus