Job Openings Fullstack JS developer
About the job Fullstack JS developerFull-stack JS developer
To grow our team of 27 people, we’re looking for a full-stack developer on the MongoDB/Express/React/Node (MERN) stack, to join our Product team of 8 people and help us develop our amazing platform.
More information on platform:
Alaya’s software architecture is built on a JS technical stack. The front-end application is devoted to desktop and mobile web rendering whereas the back-end will produce data through a REST API, interface external providers, and handle security matters. The code is entirely written in ES6, and the deployment scripts in bash. The Front-End is based on ReactJS, allowing a componentized interface, and loads of integrated components. The back-end is developed with NodeJS, exposing a secured Rest API. The data is stored and aggregated on MongoDB. It also relies on external services for sending emails and store users contents. It also hosts webhooks for server-to-server communications (payment confirmations, email sending errors, etc.)
The role will be based in our offices in Gland (Switzerland), Paris (France), or Barcelona (Spain).
The ideal candidate would have:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
• Keen interest in new technologies and web applications.
• Good English level and a strong ability to communicate. French is a plus.
• Team player, dynamic and proactive
• Independent and problem solving.
• Focused on quality and results-oriented
• At ease with the gitflow, clean-code principles and code reviews
The required technical skills are:
• Strong knowledge of NodeJS environment with at least 1-year experience.
• At least one past project with MongoDB
• At least 1 year experience using React
• Knowledge of the MERN stack
• Good understanding of web APIs, authentication and security concerns
• Knowledge of using GIT Workflow
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, clean and reliable code
• Proficient in HTML5 and CSS/JSS
• Good understanding of separation of concerns and componentization
• At ease with code testability, and countinuous integration/deployment
You live the Alaya Values!
Passion: You inspire others. You care deeply about Alaya’s success and your colleague’s success. You celebrate achievements!
Innovation: You re‐visit issues to discover practical solutions to difficult issues. You challenge assumptions and suggest better solutions. You keep it simple.
Performance: You accomplish great amounts of important work. You demonstrate strong performance, above your peers, and colleagues can rely upon you. You make mistakes. But learn quickly from them!
Ethics & Respect: You make no compromises when it comes to ethics. You don’t hide information, you never lie, you don’t jump into conclusion without sufficient information. You always respect everyone around you, no exception.
Curiosity: You learn quickly and eagerly. You seek to understand our business, strategy, users.
Fun: You bring happiness to work and make people around you happy. You make jokes, and accept jokes. You’re pleasant to work with. Most importantly, you have a passion for doing good and engaging people to change the world for the best.
You will have a permanent full-time position at Alaya and receive the best possible training from our teams. You will be expected to be very autonomous and to take responsibilities by learning and proposing new solutions and alternatives to the team.
You will be part of a young and motivated group of professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the world. We offer a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking more responsibilities as the company evolves.
Most importantly, you’ll be joining a start-up in a very exciting stage, of rapid growth and international expansion. You’ll join the company after a successful Series A investment and sky is the limit!!!